The Commentary Panel is a feature in every Worms game. It gives full detail of which Worm has been killed, whose move it is, and which weapon has been selected. It also appears when a Crate falls, when a team is out of the game, and when a Worm uses Skip Go in some games (e.g. Worms 4: Mayhem).
- A jewel from the heavens!
- Is it your birthday?
- What's in the box?
- First come, first served
Here is a full list of sentences that show up in the Commentary Panel when a Worm loses all HP or drowns.
In the original Worms only "_ is an ex-worm." is present when a Worm dies.
- _ is dead.
- _ is dead and buried.
- _ is no more.
- _ could take no more.
- _ has gone.
- _ is gone, but not forgotten.
- _ is an ex-Worm.
- _ is history.
- _ shall be missed.
- _ bit the dust.
- _ takes a dirt nap.
- _ didn't make it.
- _ kicked the bucket.
- _ has passed away.
- _ has ceased to be.
- _ met their demise.
- _ was rubbed out.
- _ was no use anyway.
- _ has been wasted.
- _ has been terminated.
- _ was eradicated.
- _ deserved it.
- _ was asking for it.
- _ wasn't hard enough.
- _ is knocking on heaven's door.
- _ joins the great Worm in the sky.
- _ is donated to medical science.
- _ has turned up his toes.
- _ is pushing up the daisies.
- _ is 6 feet under.
- _ is mourned.
- Poor _.
- Awww, poor _.
- Shed a tear for poor _.
- Our sympathy for _.
- Have pity for _.
- So long _.
- It was nice knowing _.
- _ waved goodbye.
- The dream is over for _.
- There's no way that _ will be winning the match!
- A minutes silence for poor old _ please...
- Will we ever forget _? Probably yes!
- Say 'hi' to Elvis for us, _.
- _ has gone to the big Worm farm in the sky.
- _ was wondering what went wrong!
- _ was stealing oxygen anyway!
- _ has been smoked!
- _ will see you all on the other side.
- _ has popped off to meet his maker!
- _ has launched his last 'zook!
- _ is currently on a handcart to Hell.
- We will always remember _... As useless!
- _ has drowned.
- _ couldn't swim.
- _ is sleeping with the fishies.
- _ is sleeping on the sea bed.
- _ lies on the bottom of the sea.
- Water way to go, _.
- Water surprise _ has gone!
- _ swam like a brick.
- _ swam like they fought!
- _ is more than wet behind the ears!
- _ has gone to marry a mermaid.
- _ went in the drink.
- _ took a nose dive.
- _ sank like the Titanic.
- _ is practising breathing water.
- _ has slipped off the hook.
- _ mistook water for land!
- Some of the death sentences are sympathetic, others are just ironical.
- The Commentary Panel also reveals what weapon has been collected from a Crate, but only in offline games.
- In Worms 4: Mayhem, on rare occasions, the Commentary Panel shows up and says "Turn back you coward!!" when the player flies the Super Sheep straight up into the sky or away from the map.
- There is an innuendo in the sentence, "_ wasn't hard enough.", that was used in some games that are rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, such as Worms Armageddon, but was also used in other games that are rated T for Teens, such as Worms 4: Mayhem, which doesn't really make it an innuendo.
- A similar "innuendo" is seen in the title screen of the SNES version of the original Worms, and it says, "How hard is your Worm?".