|Additional effects||Explode on timer|
The Grenade is not much different from the Bazooka in terms of it's properties, such as damage and chargeable launch power, but unlike the rocket, it explodes on a fuse instead of when it comes in contact with something, and is not wind-affected. The fuse can be set from 1 to 5 seconds (1 to 6 in Worms W.M.D), so it can be made to explode at just the right time for maximum effect. In first and second-generation games, the weapon's bounce can be set to 'MIN' (regular bounce) or 'MAX' (bounces higher).
In Worms Clan Wars, Soldier worms can manually detonate the Grenade, enabling them to do proper damage to enemy worms.
The Grenade's damage varies in games. It does 45 damage in most games, while in first and second-generation games it does 50 damage. In Worms 4: Mayhem, it does 55 damage, more than the Bazooka.
Tips & Tricks
- It is possible to place a Grenade near an enemy Worm if no Dynamite is available by setting the timer to five seconds and running away. However, you must make sure that it is not on a steep incline (it may bounce away) and no Electromagnets are around (they may push it away, or attract it towards them).
- There is such a skill as "Grenade Jumping" - it's a mean of overcoming tall obstacles by using the Grenade to jump super high. The player first needs to set the Grenade fuse fairly high, aim straight down and stand directly over it - the player also needs to face the opposite direction to the way they want to travel. Let the fuse counter get down to 1 second, give a brief pause and then try to back-flip. If timed correctly the blast from the Grenade can fling the Worm very high into the air. Only attempt this with healthy Worms.
- It is recommended to not use this weapon to attack buildings in Worms Forts: Under Siege, as it is very difficult to hit a building accurately and it deals little damage to the building due to the way the damage on buildings occurs.
- Worms 4: Mayhem and Worms: Ultimate Mayhem are the only two games in the series where the Grenade deals more damage than the Bazooka; it does 55 damage, while the Bazooka only deals 50 damage.
- In Worms Golf, it is the only standard weapon that worms use.