The W.M.D icon.
|Damage||The damage of mines|
|Additional effects||Drops 5 mines|
|Appears in||Worms Armageddon - Worms Forts: Under Siege (unavailable in Worms 3D) plus Worms W.M.D|
The Mine Strike is a type of Air Strike which will drop 5 mines from a plane. The mines will either be activated instantly if dropped next to a worm, or become a regular mine if dropped anywhere else on the map.
- See also: Wormopedia
Come in big bird!
Simply plot on the Worm riddles landscape where you want the mines to cascade in and call those reinforcements. A chunk of fresh mines will come flying in and land on your selected area of land. Excellent for severely disabling the enemy's range of movement. Be careful though, the tricky bounce of the mine could be your own downfall.
Warning: USE WITH CAUTION! Each Mine can up to 50 points of damage.
Using The Mine Strike
You use it just like using the Air Strike, place the target, then press the fire button to make a plane come which will drop the mines.
Tips & Tricks
- You can use this weapon to fill an empty gap in the landscape between you and your opponent.
- It is not advised to use this weapon directly, because the mine will not explode instantly when activated by a worm, and the mines will bounce away from the worm (Unless of course, set otherwise).
- It is most effective when used in some kind of hole, because the mines will not bounce out of the hole, therefore causing maximum damage.
- The mines fuse is determined by the settings made before the game starts.
- You can drop a strike on the highest mound on the landscape, which will make the mines bounce all over the map, making mines in random position. This technique also endangers your own team, however.