|Damage||1 HP / Bullet|
|Additional effects|| Small Push;|
|Appears in||Worms - Worms World Party, Worms Forts: Under Siege, Worms W.M.D|
The Minigun is like a powered-up Uzi. It fires a short hailstorm of lead, shredding an enemy worm in seconds; the aim can be adjusted while firing, to keep the fire on a target. Each bullet will carve a small hole out of the terrain and, if it hits a Worm, will push them back a small distance; the combined force of each bullet adds up to significant shoving power. It deals more damage and fires exactly straight in Worms Forts: Under Siege, but it is a Tier 3 weapon, so it must fire from a Keep or higher and it does move due to the recoil whilst firing. The Minigun returned in Worms WMD.
- See also: Fortopedia
A high-powered automatic gun with high damage and a sustained attack. It has the ability to reduce Towers and Keeps to nothing more than piles of bricks and rubble in a couple of shots... it's only problem is keeping it on target... that's some recoil!
Using the Minigun
Simply select the Minigun from the menu and aim at an unfriendly worm. Press the fire key to start the Minigun, and use Up or Down to adjust the weapon's aim while it fires.
- The spread of the Minigun is much wider than the Uzi, but also fires a lot more bullets; it can be useful for taking out a small group of badly-injured enemy worms, as well as cutting up one very tough opponent.
- If you're out of Blow Torches and need to make a quick exit, the minigun's ability to chew through terrain can make an impromptu emergency tunnel. However, the value of the minigun means you should reserve this tactic for only the most dire of circumstances.
- Enemies with their backs against a cliff or terrain feature are the minigun's best targets; the terrain stops the minigun's pushing power from bouncing the enemy out of the cone of fire.
- The shoving power of the minigun's bullets can easily shove several enemy worms off a cliff.
- You can use the minigun's shoving force and terrain-chewing powers to sweep mines toward an enemy, if they're out of the minigun's direct line of sight.
- In Worms Forts: Under Siege, the Minigun's vicious kickback causes the crosshairs to drift, so dealing the most damage requires attention and skilled aiming. It fires all the projectiles (small rodents) straight at the crosshairs instead of having a cone of fire.
- This weapon deals around 30-50 HP damage, but if you aim it right, you can manage to take out aTower.
- In Worms Forts: Under Siege, the Minigun fires hamsters but it shows 4 barrels instead of 6 when you use it (See above).
- The Minigun was also seen in a promotional clip for Worms 3D, but was not included in the finished product.
- The minigun's barrels in Worms 2, Worms Armageddon and Worms World Party don't spin when it shoots-most likely due to graphic limitations- but in Worms 3D, it spins.
- The Minigun takes 20 shots, 2 times more shots than the Uzi and it does 100 damage in total.
- In Worms W.M.D the Minigun is an upgraded craftable version of the Uzi.
- In Worms 2 that when you use it for 31 shots at a 100 health worm, it removes 80 health instead of 100 health or more.