Worms: The Directors Cut is the largest and final expansion pack of the original Worms game. It was released exclusively for the Amiga in 1997. The game is an updated version of the original Amiga version, with various enhancements, additions and tweaks. Although it was very well received by fans, only 5,000 copies of the game were sold worldwide.
Differences from the Original
Worms: The Directors Cut enhanced the engine, graphics and game-play of the original Worms, various new features got added in, such as the ability to perform a back-flip, new weapons, and a level editor. Other features include:
- Over 300 colours on-screen including 70 sky and 40 water colours.
- Super-smooth quarter pixel scrolling.
- 9 level parallax scrolling (including 2 layers of mountains).
- 14 new weapons - Such as the Holy Hand Grenade, Mad Cows, and more.
- Level editor for Workbench.
- New level types/custom levels.
- Wormbench - Themes for customising Workbench.
- DIY Landscape - Draw your own or alter standard graphics.
- Graffiti Mode - Worms inbuilt level editor, unlimited level design.
- Cavern Levels - Put a roof on backgrounds.
Weapons & Utilities
- Homing Missile
- Cluster Bomb
- Grenade Launcher
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Ball
- Air Strike
- Petrol Bomb
- Blow Torch
- Pneumatic Drill
- Ninja Rope
- Skip Go
- Homing Pigeon
- Mad Cows
- Banana Bomb
- Holy Hand Grenade
- Baseball Bat
- Super Sheep
- Sheep Strike
- Old Woman
- Priceless Ming Vase
- Mail Strike
- Nuclear Bomb
- Concrete Donkey
Weapons in bold text are new to Worms: The Directors Cut.
- The Mole Bomb is the only weapon to not return from Worms Reinforcements.
- All of the weapons in the game except the Sheep-on-a-Rope return in Worms 2. The Grenade Launcher does return in said game, but it has been renamed to the Mortar.
- The Sheep-on-a-Rope does not appear again until Worms W.M.D.
- If a Worm on a team is named "Jesus", they will be able to walk, jump, and land on water without drowning. However, they can still drown if they fall into the water outside of jumping.
|2D variants||First Generation|
Worms Open Warfare •
Worms (2007) •
Worms Open Warfare 2 •
Worms: A Space Oddity •
Worms 2: Armageddon •
Worms Reloaded •
Worms Battle Islands